Do you love fishing?
Designed for avid anglers and those just looking to get their feet wet, the Columbia Springs Fishing Festival will return this May!
Beginning May 1st, this year’s festival will begin with a self-guided “follow the fish” scavenger hunt to see where Columbia Springs trout go once they are big enough to be released into local waterways. Our fish go to Klineline Pond, Lacamas Lake and Battle Ground Lake State Park.
The event will culminate in an after-school extravaganza on May 10th from 4:00-7:00 pm at Battle Ground Lake State Park. This Celebration of Fishing will feature several stations of fun, tactile, fishing-related activities including casting practice, fishy art, interactive presentations from experts, science and nature games, tackle giveaways, and more! Advanced registration is required to attend. Scroll down to learn more about our culminating event.
Participants of our celebration (scavenger hunt or culminating event) will be entered to win a rod and reel set to get them ready to meet our fish in our local lakes! Complete both and your entry will be doubled.
Culminating Event (May 10th, 4:00-7:00 pm)
Thanks to our partners for making this celebration possible:
- Columbia River Chapter of the Association of Northwest Steelheaders
- Cowlitz Indian Tribe
- Columbia Springs Educators
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Klineline Kids Fishing
- SW Washington Anglers
- Vancouver Wildlife League
- Vancouver Police Department Anglers
- Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
- and more!
Things to note: Dinner will be available for purchase from ASH Woodfired Pizza at our culminating event (see sample menu/prices here)!
All attendees will be subject to Battle Ground Lake State Park parking requirements – a Discover Pass or payment of the $10 parking fee. If you are having trouble with this cost please contact us at email@example.com!
Follow the Fish Scavenger Hunt (Available May 1st-10th)
If you’re looking to avoid the crowds, join the fun on your schedule, or just really want to learn everything you can about Columbia Springs trout, this activity is for you!
How it works:
- Download the Adventure Lab app.
- If prompted, create an account or sign into one that you’ve created already. We recommend doing this in advance of your outing.
- Plan your trip! The Adventure Lab will be available from May 1st through May 10th.
- Click the button below to begin the “Follow the Fish” scavenger hunt. It will take you to four different locations where Columbia Spring fish can be found. Take a photo of yourself/your group at each location!
- Once you complete the adventure, take a screenshot of your review and email it with the photo(s) you took at each location to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You’re done! Stay tuned until our raffle winners are contacted on May 13th.
All who attend the May 10th event or send proof of a completed Follow the Fish scavenger hunt (with photos!) will be entered to win a rod and reel set (such as an Encounter 5-weight, 8’6″ fly-fishing outfit from Orvis)! Yes, completing both will double your entry! You don’t want to miss this!
Join the Fun! check out the buttons below to get started
Although we will not be hosting actual fishing at this Fishing Celebration, participants can get comfortable with fishing gear and techniques on land so that they will feel confident to venture out on the water by themselves, and we will share fun new information with those who already have experience with fishing. Battle Ground Lake is frequently stocked with Columbia Springs trout and will be open during our event for those kids and licensed individuals who bring their own gear and would like to try their luck after they visit our event.