Join our team as our new Development Director to help Columbia Springs grow! Read the job description below.
Thank you to the M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust who has awarded us a capacity building grant to hire a Development Director. We are so grateful that the M. J. Murdock Charitable Trust supports the work we do educating the community about the natural world, and has giving us an opportunity to increase our outreach and programming with additional capacity.
Columbia Springs Development Director Posting
Job Title: Development Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary: $60,000/yr plus benefits
Primary Location: Vancouver, WA, Clark County, WA, Portland Metro area
The Development Director is responsible for the operational and financial performance of the development program at Columbia Springs. This role oversees and leads the philanthropic work of Columbia Springs. The Development Director works with the Executive Director on planned giving, major donor gifts and research tools, private grant development and corporate relations.
- Oversees and leads the development program in establishing and achieving annual fundraising goals.
- Ensures development, implementation, and maintenance of appropriate fund development systems, including donor data management and gift processing. Works with Executive Director on research, cultivation, stewardship and recognition.
- Guides strategic vision and direction for major gifts, planned giving programs, and private grants and corporate relations.
- Works with Executive Director to develop and maintain a variety of grants.
- Works with and seeks advice from select Columbia Spring’s committees, i.e., Marketing and Development.
- Leads and facilitates the adoption of best practices for the development program.
- Provides support for Board of Directors and Executive Director in cultivating major donors and providing support for planned giving.
- Maintains and ensures accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree nonprofit administration, marketing, communications or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in philanthropic development required.
- Successful track record of securing five figure gifts in support of an institution.
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create a fundraising strategic plan and operation.
- Proven success in asking for and closing major gifts and building and maintain long-term relationships with major donors, foundations and corporations.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven leadership ability, especially related to program design and implementation.
- Proven ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and conduct significant fundraising events and campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR POSITION in the Subject line, attention Maureen Montague.