Get In Touch
Visiting Columbia Springs
If you are visiting with a group of more than 8 people, we would appreciate it if you let us know! Columbia Springs is an active hatchery, education site and home to many plants and animals so we have some safety guidelines we would like you to follow.
Click here for more information about our events, workshops, and programs that charge an admissions fee.
Columbia Springs is the perfect site for a picnic, nature photography, outdoor exercise, or to simply enjoy nature without leaving town. Dogs are welcome; leash and scoop laws apply!
Free visitor parking, two miles of trails with two wildlife viewing decks, ADA accessible Visitors Center, art along Heron Loop Trail, the historic Vancouver Trout Hatchery, fish feeding pond, interpretive signage and historical displays.
Columbia Springs Interactive Map
Hover over the map pins to see title and image of the location.
- Red Pins: Points of Interest
- Green Pins: Historical Display
- Blue Pins: Outdoor Picnic Area
- Orange Pins: Wildlife Viewing Deck
You can help us make everyone’s visit to the site enjoyable and safe City of Vancouver Park Code (15.04) applies here.
Prohibited activities at Columbia Springs:
- Use of tobacco products (up to $1,000 fine).
- Camping or making a fire, either in tents or vehicles.
- Possessing or consuming alcohol.
- Littering, vandalism, or defacing property, plants, trails, or hatchery grounds.
- Horseback riding.
- Occupying the park between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Do not feed the wildlife. You may only feed fish in the designated fish feeding pond with the provided food.
Please respect Columbia Springs and our Natural Area by observing these rules:
- Please stay on all marked trails. Individuals found off-trail may be trespassed and barred from our site.
- Leash and scoop laws apply to pets.
- All waters on site are closed. This means:
- There is no fishing in any of the ponds, streams, or lakes.
- You may not enter any ponds or lakes
- Obey all staff member instructions and posted signage.
- Do not enter areas designated as “Authorized Personnel Only”.
- Leave no trace principles apply.
We cannot guarantee the security of your unattended vehicle, please be sure to take any valuables with you on your visit.
This is a “pack-it-in-pack-it-out” site. You are expected to take all of your trash with you when you leave the site.