Hands On Learning
Paid Science Education Internships
Each year, thousands of elementary aged students come to our 100 acre natural area to learn about science and nature. Our Emerging Environmental Leaders Program (EEL) interns support their learning while contributing to our field trip programs and building leadership skills in science education.
Questions? Email email@example.com or call 360-882-0936 x 225.
2024 Summer Camp Internship
Interested in being a Summer Camp intern? We are looking for local applicants who are early in their career within environmental education or related fields.
- 120-130 hours mid June – mid July
- Week of June 17th – week of July 22nd
- Must be available 8am – 2pm, Monday – Friday for the weeks of June 24th, July 8th, and July 15th
- $16.50 hourly pay
- Optional field trip shifts before the camp season begins
See the full job description 2024 Summer Camp Intern Job Description
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter sharing why you are interested in the internship and how it will fit into your life
- Resume with relevant experience
- Contact information for two references, preferably past supervisors or mentors
Applications are due Sunday, March 24th by 11:59PM.
One of biggest takeaways from my time at Columbia Springs is that there are so many exciting non-traditional forms of science education, and if I were to consider this as my career-path, there are a lot of opportunities that aren’t just in a classroom setting…I enjoyed being able to shadow different people and… it [gave] me confidence about exploring this field and a better understanding of what opportunities to look out for.