Do you work with or know any people who are interested in science or science education?
Columbia Springs is recruiting for a paid waste reduction internship that provides a welcoming, hands-on learning environment for those interested in sharpening their skills and contributing to their community in a meaningful way.
- Must have reliable transportation to/from Columbia Springs
- March 15th – June 15th
- Work schedule: 10-15 hours per week, Tuesday & Thursday 3-5 hours on site, plus additional hours remote.
- $2,000-3,000 stipend
To apply, complete our program application form by March 7th
The Repair Clark County program at Columbia Springs regularly fixes over 100 items each month by leveraging the power of volunteers with unique skill sets and experience. These repairs help conserve resources and save our community money. This is a free program with over 200 volunteers.
In this internship, you will learn how to successfully run a community service program, including all administration, volunteer management, communication with clients, volunteers and staff. You will also choose and complete a special project. Possible projects include:
- Growing community partnerships
- Building an upcycled lamp for our lighting festival in the summer
- Assisting with communications outreach with our community.
- And more!
All interns will focus on creating programs that are self-sustaining. Previous understanding of how to fix common household items is not required.
Applicants can apply using this link: https://forms.gle/3PyhYHMHumjiLtkFA